A friend showed up at my door with a little black kitten, a barn cat from eastern Kentucky, as a housewarming gift. His twin was named Artemis, so I said his name had to be Apollo.
I’ve been prone to uncontrollable seizures all my life, but Apollo could somehow sense when I was going to have one. If I was home, he would scratch at me. If I was going to work, he would stand on his hind legs, pat the door, and want me to stay. I had surgery a few years ago, and now he can tell when my sugar drops and I need to eat something.
Once, I had a seizure in my sleep and got up to drink some water. I aspirated when I tried to use my vagus nerve stimulator to control the seizure. Apollo picked at me until I got up and got myself to the hospital. I knew something was not right.
When I got to the ER, I had another seizure and woke up intubated in the ICU. Apollo is truly a lifesaver and my guardian angel.
Wise Articulation | Moral Streets
People’s Newsroom Mobilization Network
- Usfoor – Family Coach
- The Business Gates – Family Businesses & Climate Change Issues
- Bawarchikhanaa – Family Kitchen & Hygiene
- Mooeeza – Animal, Birds & Aqua Care
- LTA Sense – Medical Care
- Tafsiralahlam – Interpretation Site
- Praise of Plants – Praisers
- The Organic Rehab – Media Direction Lab
- The Home Improvement – Smart Homes
- Iqra – Religious Order Addressors
- Econ Theories – Bureau of Economics
- Webstreets – Web Journalism Bureau
- Component Replacement – Component Solution Alternators
- Aaila – Earlier Heaven Pursuit
- Moral Streets – Moral Story Tellers
- Quloob – Oneirocritic
- Waqt – Script Explanators
- The Virtuoso – Prayer Evangilists
- Khalaq – Educationists
- Almaraf – Tutors