Good morning from Maine where after a few spring-like days winter is blowing back in with full force. After riding my bike in 60F weather earlier this week it’s a bit of a shock to the system to be back in 20s this morning. At least it’s sunny and the skiing should be good tomorrow. As always, I hope that you have something fun planned for the weekend.
These were the week’s most popular posts:
1. 5 Features of Google Advanced Search That Students Should Know How to Use
2. How to Change Your Google Account Profile Image & Why You Should Change It
3. 27 Videos That Can Help Students Improve Their Writing
4. Why My Dogs Have Email Addresses and Your Dog or Cat Should Too
5. Kahoot Now Displays Questions and Answers on the Same Screen – Finally!
6. Seven Free Tools That Help Students Format Bibliographies
7. Tracing the Evolution of Telephones – A Search Challenge for Students
- Registrations for my Practical Ed Tech webinars is one of the primary ways that I am able to keep this blog and my email newsletters going. More than 300 of you have participated in a Practical Ed Tech course last year. I couldn’t do it without you!
- BoomWriter is hosting a unique creative writing contest for kids. Check it out!
- Spaces takes a new approach to digital portfolios. Give it a try!
Other Places to Follow Me:
- The Practical Ed Tech Newsletter comes out every Sunday evening/ Monday morning. It features my favorite tip of the week and the week’s most popular posts from Free Technology for Teachers.
- My YouTube channel has more than 34,000 subscribers watching my short tutorial videos on a wide array of educational technology tools.
- I’ve been Tweeting as @rmbyrne for fourteen years.
- The Free Technology for Teachers Facebook page features new and old posts from this blog throughout the week.
- And if you’re curious about my life outside of education, you can follow me on Instagram or Strava.